I don’t know if you noticed the message board in our office this last week, but we wrote down the Quote of the Week
” This diet totally averted total knee replacement for me.” Graduate 7/28/12
She also stated that her Ortho surgeon told her, ” For every 5 lbs of weight loss is 80 lbs of pressure off the knees.”
If a person loses 30 lbs. 30 lbs / 5 lbs = 6 ……….
6 lbs X 80 lbs of pressure = 480 lbs of pressure off the knees
While you get excited as you continue to give your knees a break ….. and go figure your lbs of pressure off your knees…..here is a Healthy Recipe to try this week
Sauted Chicken with Taragon and Mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 8 oz of Mushrooms – cut in half if too large
- 2-3 oz of Low Fat Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp of Taragon
- 1 tsp of Cidar Vinegar
- chopped green onion
- Directions –
- Salt and Pepper each Chicken breast
- In a heated skillet – add 1 Tbl of Olive Oil to a Hot Skillet. Sear chicken until lightly brown on both sides
- 5-7 min total. Remove Chicken from pan and keep warm
- 1/2 tsp of remaining Olive Oil to skillet – Add Mushrooms and saute until mushrooms begin to brown. For 2 – 3 min.
- Add: 2 – 3 oz of Chicken Broth to the Skillet with Mushrooms – REDUCE HEAT and add Chicken back into the Skillet.
- Simmer for 8 -10 min.
- Add: Taragon and cidar vinegar and stir for 1 min.
- Top: Chicken with chopped green onions and serve.
Serve Chicken with Steamed or Sauted Green Beans or…Roasted Broccoli =
- Heat oven to 400* F.
- Seperate Broccoli heads and place in a baggie
- Add 1 – 2 tsp of Olive Oil to the Baggie of Broccoli – – – Shake well
- Place Broccoli in a casserole dish or jelly roll pan and season with Sea Salt and Pepper
- Cook in oven for 5 min.
- Take out and stir – return to oven for 3 more min.