Drinking Your Water
This is the second of the blogs in the New Year to help educate you and encourage you in your quest for health with Ideal Health Now.
This week we’ll look at water and the benefits of water in our bodies taken from an article on WEBMD by Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD, “6 Reasons to Drink Water”. We’ll look at 5.
- Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. “Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature”.
- Water Helps Energize Muscles. “Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue. When muscle cells don’t have adequate fluids, they don’t work as well and performance can suffer,” says Guest.
- Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good. “Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration,” he says. “But once you are adequately hydrated, the kidneys take over and excrete excess fluids.”
- Water Helps Your Kidneys. “When you’re getting enough fluids, urine flows freely, is light in color and free of odor. When your body is not getting enough fluids, urine concentration, color, and odor increases because the kidneys trap extra fluid for bodily functions. If you chronically drink too little, you may be at higher risk for kidney stones, especially in warm climates”, Guest warns.
- Water Helps Maintain Normal Bowel Function. “Adequate hydration keeps things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation. When you don’t get enough fluid, the colon pulls water from stools to maintain hydration — and the result is constipation”.
“Adequate fluid and fiber is the perfect combination, because the fluid pumps up the fiber and acts like a broom to keep your bowel functioning properly,” says Koelemay.
Some questions for dieters from Ideal Protein:
Wine and Alcohol:
a. Encourage weight gain
b. Have no effect on weight loss
c.Are great energy drinks
One would follow the Ideal protein Weight Loss Method because eating protein makes you lose weight:
During the Ideal Protein Weight Loss method, consuming carbohydrates above the recommended amount of the protocol will:
a. Hinder your weight-loss for 2 to 3 days
b. Compromise your overall success with the program
c. Have little effect on your weight loss
2. b Protein is only a tool; it’s the method that enables you to lose weight.
3. b It may compromise your weight loss for 2-3 days for that week but more importantly, the dieter will not be “resetting the pancreas”.
Here’s to a water filled week!