Keeping a food diary is essential to your success while on Ideal Protein. I know it is not a popular opinion and for many people, it can be one of the hardest parts of following plan. Hopefully, after you read this post, you will be encouraged to be more consistent about writing in your food journal!
If you are not ready to take ONE minute to journal, then you’re not ready to change your life!
- Boom! That right there is very convicting and very true. It take just a couple of minutes a day to write down your food choice and you will reap huge benefits just from journaling for a few minutes a day! You can’t argue with that!
Top Reasons Why You should Journal
- Mindful eating – keeping a journal keeps you accountable to your eating and helps you keep track of good habits and change any bad habits. It really stinks to have to write in your journal that you ate that entire pint of ice cream last night, but it is encouraging to write down you ate your 4 cups of veggies for the day!
- Helps you remember – let’s face it, most of use are extremely busy. It is hard to remember if you have had 20 oz of water or 30 oz of water. Did you take all your vitamins today? Writing everything down will help you remember to stay on plan and get all your food in. Remember, Ideal Protein has done all the work for you and you just have to follow the plan to be successful!
- It is part of the protocol – YES! Keeping a food journal is part of the scientifically developed Ideal Protein protocol. It will help you be successful! We would not ask you to do it if did not help you! We want you to be successful and reach your health goals and part of that success plan is keeping a food journal. It has been proven that people who keep a food journal are more successful on their health journey than those who do not.
- It will help you maintain your goals – not only will it help you while you are following plan, it will help you as you phase off and as you enter into maintenance. As you start to reintroduce new foods back into your eating, it is vitally important that you keep track of what you are eating. It can help you see where you need to make changes or even if you are eating enough to maintain your health goals. Keeping the weight off can be one of the hardest parts, but if you journal, you will be more successful!
Clinic Director Northwest Arkansas
Leave a Reply