These are all the required vitamins on the Ideal Protein Protocol and they are important! Here is some information about each supplement to encourage you to continue to take your vitamins.
- This is an extremely important electrolyte involved in maintaining proper fluid, mineral balance cardiac function, and nerve transmission.
- You need the correct amount in Citrate form or your body will be compromised.
- You are welcomed to find a potassium citrate in equal mg, but you will probably encounter higher cost. It is not commonly sold over the counter.
- Deficiency in Magnesium can increase Aldosterone (hormone) secretion which leads to excessive potassium loss.
- U.S. guidelines recommend adult women to receive 320 mgs. daily.
- The most common dietary sources of magnesium are nuts, legumes, cereals, and grains, dairy products and dark green leafy vegetables.
- Some of these foods will not be consumed during our weight loss phase, hence the need for the Cal-Mag supplementation.
- It is also in Citrate form for bio-availability.
Ideal Protein Multivitamin
- The equivalent of a high quality prescribed Prenatal Multi Vitamin minus the extra Folic Acid.
- Young fish eat algae and then concentrate the omega-3 fatty acids they produce.
- Krill oil offers essential fatty acids that have many health benefits for humans.
- Contrary to popular belief, krill or fish such as salmon (or any other animal) cannot produce EPA and DHA omega-3 oils.
- Only algae can do this. When larger fish or mammals consume krill the essential oils are absorbed in the predator’s’ tissues
- A ketogenic diet leaches calcium and magnesium from your body.
- Ideal Protein is a ketogenic diet.
- You can feel week, dizzy, or even pass out of your electrolytes are out of balance.
- This is another important reason to take your vitamins!
The Ideal Protein vitamins are specifically formulated to go along with the protocol. This is SCIENCE! Ideal Protein wants you to reach your health goals in a safe effective way and the ONLY way to do that is to FOLLOW THE PROTOCOL! It may not be easy, but it is simple!
Clinic Director Northwest Arkansas