This recipe is AMAZING! It is loaded with protein and veggies mixed together! It is flavorful! Get ready for a flavor explosion! This is originally a recipe from Janeva’s Ideal Recipes, but I modified it just a bit. This is a great chicken recipe!
- 1 lb ground chicken**
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 egg or 1/3 cup of egg whites
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Buffalo Sauce (sugar free)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place all the veggies in a food processor or blender and pulse until the veggies reach a rice-like texture
- ** I did not use ground chicken, I used chicken thighs that I place in a blender and made my own ground chicken. I probably only used about 6-8 oz of meat, so the meatballs were mostly a veggie mix
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the riced veggies, add seasonings and egg and mix gently until well combined.
- Spray your baking sheet with olive oil and scoop the mixture and gently roll portions to make a smooth meatball.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Place meatballs in a bowl and coat with Buffalo Sauce. Depending on how spicy you want your meatballs, you can use as much buffalo sauce as needed. Janeva recommends using 3/4 cup but I probably used 1/3 of a cup. While the meatballs are sitting in the Buffalo sauce, raise the oven temp to 450 and wipe of the baking sheet.
- Spray fresh olive oil on baking sheet, and place meatballs back in the oven for 15-10 minutes
- Top with more Buffalo sauce if desired once the meatballs are finished!
Depending on much meat you use in your meatballs this could vary some; you could also add a little bit more veggies. If you use 16 oz of chicken, then half of the recipes (about 8 meatballs) you will get 8 oz of protein and about 1 1/2 cups of veggies. The entire veggie mixture comes to about 3 cups of veggies.
LEARN MORE about Ideal Protein NOW!